Yesterday afternoon Anderson came to pick us up and took us to a Mission Church in the San Juan Miraflores region of Lima. We were introduced to Rev. Rueben and his wife. The have been Pastoring this congregation for the past 1 and half years. His music group was also there and they led us in a time of worship - all in Spanish of course.
It was 7:30pm by the time we got back to the Convent for our evening meal. The hosts introduced the team to a Latin American Pie called Impanada. The Nuns found it quite amusing that we all (except Heather) didn't like the olives in it.
To say we were all tired was an understatement so it was early to bed with lights out by 9pm.
This morning Anderson is collecting us at 8am. I am preaching in San Pedro Church at the 9am Service.
Please continue to pray for us as we continue on this wonderful journey.
- All the travelling that we will do over the next 2 weeks
- For me as I preach today in San Pedro Church
- For our health that none of us will get sick from the change in food or water
- For our safety in both work and free time
- For our spiritual protection
- For Anderson, Isabel and the congregations we will be working amongst
- For our families and friends back home who are supporting us
- For opportunities to share the Gospel and that people will come to a living faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- That we will remember enough of the Spanish that we have been learning - we need the gift of tongues!
- With Thanksgiving for our safe arrival, for our cases also being on the plane, for the Community of Sisters who are hosting us
- Most importantly that the name of Jesus will be glorified in all that we do and say