Yesterday morning we went to visit Holy Trinity School. This is the School that Strabane Rotary Club did their Christmas Appeal for in 2015. As a result of the generosity of people in Strabane and in Lurgan Rotary the school has been able to install a Computer Suite into one of the classrooms. While at the school the pupils put on a display for us to help explain the purpose of the Independence Day. We also had a chat with Rev. Julio and Norma who established the school. Anderson's wife Isabel is Head Teacher in the School and it was Julio and Norma who established it in their home over 20 years ago.
After this we went back to San Pedro and finished painting the church. Also lots of Children turned up for the Kids Club. I again was asked to share Bible Teaching on the Parable of the Sower from Matthew 13. The Children then went to their classrooms to do some activities and have a good meal which is prepared by members of the congregation in the kitchen of the Church. When they had finished eating the hard work really began for the team. We started to distribute the gifts that we had brought from Strabane. There was a suitcase full of stuff from O'Neills, and Sammy took on board kitting out the boys with football shirts. The rest of the team distributed the knitted clothes and gift bags around the children. At one stage it was pure mayhem because once the Children, and their parents, discovered what was happening they crowded around the little room where we had kept all the stuff.
Once things had settled down and the Children started to leave, Ladies began to arrive for a new Bible Study Isabel was starting in the Church. Mum spoke to the ladies about the importance of reading the bible and how she has a Ladies Bible Study in her own home. Both Santa and Sully, who I mentioned previously, spoke about how much it has meant to them that we came to San Pedro. The team sang the 'I will trust in Him' version of Psalm 23 and one verse of 'In Christ Alone'. I then presented them with the Gospel message and gave an appeal for people to come to faith in Jesus. Three ladies raised their hands in response - Praise God!
Today is going to be a relaxing day - Anderson is becoming a tour guide for the day and showing us around parts of the city. As for me, it is sermon preparation for tomorrow.
Please continue to pray for:
- All the travelling that we will do because it is by the Grace of God that we haven't had an accident
- For the ladies who responded to the Gospel Message yesterday
- For the children who received the gifts yesterday and the note telling them that Jesus loves them
- You may remember me asking you to Pray for Paul on Thursday - well his bowels have moved!
- Franco's knee is much better
- For me as I prepare to preach tomorrow
- For our health that none of us will get sick from the change in food or water
- For our safety in both work and free time
- For our spiritual protection
- For Anderson, Isabel and the congregations we will be working amongst
- For our families and friends back home who are supporting us
- For opportunities to share the Gospel and that people will come to a living faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- That we will remember enough of the Spanish that we have been learning - we need the gift of tongues.
- Most importantly that the name of Jesus will be glorified in all that we do and say