The service was extra special for Mum and I. Carlitos was Baptised and made his own declaration of Faith. I had the joy of presenting him to Anderson for Baptism, with mum and myself promising to pray for him for the rest of our lives.
After Church we went to Anderson and Isabel's house for lunch. Isabel had provided us with a huge feast, and it was delicious. Anderson and I went for a short walk and then sat in his garden having a personal chat. Isabel came out at one stage with some pudding for me and I told her she was a real Martha from the story of Mary and Martha. I also said to her that as I sat in her house, I felt like I was sitting at home. She told me - Marcos, mi casa, es tu casa! My house is your house. She went on to say that I should feel like that because I am at home, I am in my brother's house. This really touched me. So, their children are now my Peru Nephew and Niece.
Yesterday evening we went to a different church - The Church of Jesus the Nazarene. The Pastor of this Church is Rev. Juan Carlos. Juan Carlos is also the co-ordinator for Alpha in Peru. Bishop Fanta preached at the service and I was asked to give a short account of our work in Lima.
Today we are going back to San Pedro to visit a few more people, then we are going to Holy Trinity School. This evening I have been asked to lead a meeting along with Bishop Fanta for the Clergy of Diocese - so that should be interesting.
In your prayers for us today please pray for:
- Safety in our travelling
- Health of the whole team (a couple are feeling sniffles of colds and tiredness)
- Carlitos after his baptism and for his parents who support him
- Those who came to faith yesterday in Cristo Redentor
- For the Clergy meeting this evening and Bishop Fanta and I as we lead it
- That I will continue to learn some Spanish and be able to communicate the gospel with people in their homes.
- For everything else that we have asked in the past few days