Yesterday was an interesting day. I left our accommodation expecting to preach at one service in San Pedro Church, but in true South American Style plans changed. When we left San Pedro we went to Cristo Redentor Church to visit the congregation. When I walked in with Anderson he asked me to come to the front with him. The worship band was leading a hymn. Once it was finished Anderson welcomed everyone to the Church and told them who we were. Then he handed me the mic and said 'Preach'.
In both Churches I preached on Romans 8:1-11 focusing specifically on verses 1 and 5. The people in the congregations are so warm and friendly and those who we met 2 years seemed so excited to see us back again. It is amazing to see how the Children have grown and also to see those who came to faith during our last trip still growing in the Lord. Also it was good to see the roof that our Sunday School paid for by collecting 20p's.
When we came back to the convent we heard that there had been an accident yesterday morning. The oldest Nun who is 98 had fallen and the process of helping her another fell also and has broken a rib. Please pray for them both.
Today we are moving house and are going to the convent that we stayed in the last time. After we move we are going back to Cristo Redentor to take part in the Ladies Bible Study, then we are going to San Pedro to prepare the site for the painting we have to do.
Please keep praying for:
- All the travelling that we will do over the next 2 weeks
- For the Bible Studies we will lead today
- For our health that none of us will get sick from the change in food or water
- For our safety in both work and free time
- For our spiritual protection
- For Anderson, Isabel and the congregations we will be working amongst
- For our families and friends back home who are supporting us
- For opportunities to share the Gospel and that people will come to a living faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- That we will remember enough of the Spanish that we have been learning - we need the gift of tongues!
- For the two Sister's who fell yesterday
- Most importantly that the name of Jesus will be glorified in all that we do and say